The Trump/Pence Regime is a Fascist Regime. Not Insult of exaggeration, this is what it is. For the future of humanity and the planet, we, the people, must drive this regime out.
This will not happen by calling elected officials or simply signing a petition. This will require millions and millions of people to pour into the streets, night after night, day after day, demanding and not stopping until the regime is driven from power. There is no shortcut and no substitute for this kind of mass independent political resistance.
So, what can you do to get us closer to these millions being ready to act in this way? Join the Campaign to Massively Distribute the RefuseFascism.org Call to Action!
People act on what they understand. Right now, the millions who feel deep fear, disgust and outrage at the Trump/Pence Fascist Regime need the understanding concentrated in the RefuseFascism.org Call to Action. No other document so accurately sounds the alarm on the fascist nature of this regime, the finite window in which we have to stop it, and the vision and means to actually drive it out.
Getting this Call to Action into the hands of people in every corner of society – everywhere people are taking to the streets, everywhere people are coming to the defense of those most directly under attack, everywhere people are questioning and trying to understand how we got to this place – is one of the single most important things you can do to work towards driving this fascist regime from power.
10 Things You Can Do:
- Print copies of the RefuseFascism.org Call to Action.
- Post them up. Pin them up on bulletin boards in laundromats, coffee shops, on college campuses, work break-rooms, religious congregations, community centers, and other places.
- Give them to people you know. You can give them a hard-copy or email them an electronic version. But don’t just send it to them, call them up and discuss its content with them. Use the FAQ’s we have posted. And take a few notes about their response and send them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really want to learn what people are saying about this.
- Hand it out to people you don’t know. This is new for most people, but it is a very valuable way to contribute and it’s really not hard. Pick a public place with a lot of foot-traffic – like the main walk-way of a college campus, a busy transit hub at rush hour, outside a big concert or sports event, etc. As you hand out the Call to Action, repeat the following in a clear, strong voice, “Trump and Pence are fascist and we must drive them out! Get the Call to Action!” If someone is hostile, don’t engage – you are not there to spar with Trump supporters, but to reach those who do not like what is happening. For those who are supportive, be sure to write down their name, phone number and email address and send them in to email@example.com to be added to the national list.
- Spread this at protests and public forums. Many people are gathering to protest or discuss the crimes of the Trump/Pence Regime. Bring this Call to Action and spread it everywhere people are standing up and questioning.
- Spread this Call to Action on social media. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media. Use the hashtag #NoFascistUSA. Try asking those you know a question about the content of the Call to Action, to spark discussion and engagement. Direct people to add their names to the Call to Action by signing here.
- Publish the Call to Action. Do you have access to any websites, blogs, or newsletters? Or, can you reach out to people who do? This Call to Action should be published in church bulletins, linked to on websites, read and quoted on radio programs, posted on blogs, and more.
- Donate to this campaign and movement nationally.
- Host a salon. Bring a few friends, family and/or co-workers together (or new people you meet while handing out the Call to Action) together to watch the video of Andy Zee, one of our co-initiators, break down the meaning and significance of the Call to Action and then discuss it.
- Whatever you do, write to us and tell us about it. We want to know where you are taking this and what kind of response you are getting.
When you do any or all of these things, you will be working to transform the thinking of people in this society towards the understanding necessary to drive this fascist regime from power. And, every effort you make – no matter how big or how seemingly modest – will be amplified in its impact because it is part of a national campaign involving hundreds doing the same thing.