Students have played a major role in almost every movement for social and political change and this is needed now more than ever. Since Trump was elected president, we are facing a constitutional crises, and an emergency situation for humanity. A fascist regime holds the reins of power in the U.S. And they have communicated by word and deed that they are determined to cohere America under the banner of open white supremacy, patriarchy, and American chauvinism. Right now fascist intellectual hitmen (Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon, Mike Cernovich, Richard Spencer, and more) are descending on the campus in the service of the Trump/Pence Regime. Leading up to Nov. 4 and beyond, campuses across the country have to be erupting. The university must be a zone of defiance and civil unrest. Students have the right and responsibility to make the entire campus a fascist-free zone.What YOU can do:
1. Read and SIGN the call for NOV 4, IT BEGINS: This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go! In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!
2. Use the Indictments of the Crimes of the Trump/Pence Regime to educate, organize, and stage political protests that provoke people broadly to understand the emergency we face and the extraordinary struggle to redress it.
3. Protest and Counter-protest: Protest the crimes by this regime and counter-protest anytime a fascist speaker comes to campus. September 24-27 organize a counter-protest to Milo Yiannopoulos “Berkeley Free Speech Week” on your campus. Learn about the Battle for Berkeley and organize a solidarity action on your campus: the Indictment pamphlet and large panels should feature prominently in plans – in classrooms, as large installations on campus – including ideas like teach-ins that take place over 24 hours on the campus quads.
4. DONATE: Donating and raising funds is one of the most impactful ways that people can strengthen the November 4th movement. It forges community and it is something that everyone can and should take up.
5. Join the Refuse Fascism National Student Task Force. Read the Call to students, and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts on the call and why you want to join the student task force.
6. SPREAD the WORD of November 4: This includes posters, stickers, flyers, chalking, light projections, banner drops, radio call-ins, social media, bulletins, announcements in class, and much, much more.