“RefuseFascism.org is a movement of people coming from diverse perspectives, united in our recognition that the Trump/Pence Regime poses a catastrophic danger to humanity and the planet and that it is our responsibility to drive them from power. This means working and organizing with all our creativity and determination toward November 4 when many thousands of people will fill the streets of cities and towns, beginning a struggle that continues day after day and night after night, eventually involving millions of people, demanding: This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!” (from our mission statement)
Students have played a major role in almost every movement for social and political change and this is needed now more than ever. Right now fascist intellectual hitmen (Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon, Mike Cernovich, Richard Spencer, and more) are descending on the campus in the service of the Trump/Pence Regime. A fascist regime holds the reins of power in the U.S. And they have communicated by word and deed that they are determined to cohere America under the banner of open white supremacy, patriarchy, and American chauvinism. YOU’RE NEEDED: take up any or all of the tasks below and get organized for November 4th and beyond.
What you can do:
(1) PROTEST starting November 4: Go to a PROTEST on November 4th; bring your friends, family, organization, etc. with you. List of Protests around the county. Make a video of yourself pledging to be in the streets on November 4th: share and tag your friends on social media using the hashtag #Nov4ItBegins (See examples HERE). Talk to others about the call for November 4th and write to us with your experience OR questions. If there is no PROTEST listed in your area OR you’re not within traveling distance of one ORGANIZE a protest on campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
(2) Get THESE SLOGANS & PROTESTS EVERYWHERE on campus:
NOVEMBER 4, It Begins…
This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!
In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!
Make announcements in classrooms or crowded areas on campus.
Use posters, stickers, flyers, chalking, light projections, banner drops, radio call-ins, social media, church bulletins, announcements at events, and much, much more…go HERE for materials.
(3) Join the National Student Task Force: Read our call to action and join a grouping of students and youth who are taking responsibility for actively organizing students across the country for November 4th. Email email@example.com with your name, contact information, campus, and why you want to organize for November 4th.
(4) DONATE: Donating and raising funds is one of the most impactful ways that people can strengthen the November 4th movement. It forges community and it is something that everyone can and should take up. Host a fundraiser.
(5) “DISTURB THE AIR”: Organize an action on campus
If a fascist speaker comes to campus organize a counter-protest.
Things you can do right now on campus:
(1) Display the Indictment Panels on campus
(2) Use this quiz (developed by the Chicago chapter)
Join the Refuse Fascism National Student Task Force
Since Trump was elected president, we are facing a constitutional crisis, and an emergency situation for humanity. A fascist regime holds the reins of power in U.S., and they have communicated by word and deed that they are determined to cohere America under the banner of open white supremacy, patriarchy, and American chauvinism.
AS YOU READ THIS they are kidnapping immigrants from their homes and workplaces, and forcing them into the shadows in fear of deportation. They are demonizing and unleashing violence against Muslims and leaving refugees to the mercy of the oceans and the imperialist countries that see them as human waste. They are denying health care, food assistance, and the basic right to live to millions of children, poor people, and elderly people. They are propelling women back into the dark ages with their male supremacist agenda, stripping women of the access to control their bodies, reducing them to sex objects and breeders. They are denouncing the humanity of LGBT people, labeling transgender people as “burdens” to society.
They are giving the green light to the police to continue to murder Black and Latino people at an escalating rate, with genocidal implications in their white supremacist agenda. They are bombing the people of the world with chemical weapons and threatening all of civilization with a nuclear holocaust in the name of “America First.” They are putting the whole planet in peril by pouring gasoline all over global warming and gutting all environmental protections. They are trying to eliminate the critical investigation of reality and the scientific method, and it is no exaggeration to say that this could lead to the very extinction of humanity if not through the utter devastation of the planet, then through nuclear war.