As RefuseFascism.org’s Call to Action states: “The Trump/Pence Regime is a Fascist Regime. Not insult or exaggeration, this is what it is. For the future of humanity and the planet, we, the people, must drive this regime out. “
These words, from the opening of our Call to Action, capture the stakes and urgency of the situation we confront.
On Saturday July 15, 2017 RefuseFascism.org has called for nationwide protests in cities and towns across the country with the demand that “THE TRUMP/PENCE REGIME MUST GO! In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!”
As our statement for these nationwide protests states: “July 15th must be a day when every person, every group – religious, community, service, political organization – all who feel the tremendous threat to humanity posed by the Trump/Pence regime – stand together showing the world that people here are determined that this regime must go … not in two years or four, but now.
July 15th must mark a leap to more sustained struggle, inspiring people to see the possibility of ousting this regime through unleashing the tremendous power of the people – aiming for the time when millions can be moved to fill the streets of cities and towns day after day and night after night, declaring this whole regime illegitimate – Demanding, and Not Stopping, Until The Trump/Pence Regime Is Driven from Power.
This Organizing Kit is to help you organize a protest on July 15th. This kit it is a work in progress and we will be adding to it in the days and weeks to come.
From the Refuse Fascism National Office
(1) READ & Endorse the statement for July 15th nationwide protests: “On July 15, 2017: To all who agonize and rage at what’s being done to the people, protest and demand: THE TRUMP/PENCE REGIME MUST GO! In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!”.
The Call To Action: DRIVE OUT THE TRUMP/PENCE REGIME!
- A Critical Juncture: July 15, Protests to Demand the Trump/Pence Regime Must Go, by Andy Zee
(2) Set a TIME & LOCATION: As our statement for the 15th reads ” July 15th must be a day when every person, every group – religious, community, service, political organization – all who feel the tremendous threat to humanity posed by the Trump/Pence regime – stand together showing the world that people here are determined that this regime must go”. So pick a place you think would best fit the character of this description: a public square, a Trump property, a busy intersection, a government office, etc.
And submit your event to our website to POST ONLINE.
(3) SOCIAL MEDIA: Are you on social media?
Create a Facebook event page with the above information:
(a) Invite your friends
(b) Post on your page with a message encouraging your friends to click attend
(c) Reach out to 5 individuals you know to ask them personally to attend and to spread the event to their friends and on their page.
Check out our FULL digital organizing toolkit
(4) Contact ORGANIZATIONS and involve others: email, call, or send a social media message to every person, every group – religious, community, service, political organization – all who feel the tremendous threat to humanity posed by the Trump/Pence Regime and who can be won to stand together to show the whole world that people here are determined that this regime must go. i.e. groups who mobilized against the June 10th anti-Muslim rallies, immigrants rights organizations, religious congregations, student groups, Indivisible chapters, women’s march huddles, etc.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-407-1286 as we can search our contact lists and connect you with others in your area.
(5) PRINT Flyers & POST: in coffee shops, bookstores, libraries, etc. If you don’t have access to a printer go to our NO! Shop and see materials for your protest. Contact us to bulk order posters, shirts, buttons, stickers, etc.
Links for flyers and materials
- Black & White Flyer for protests on the 15th
- Materials for Reproduction (posters, stickers, banners and more)
- The NO! Shop
(6) Get out to others in a “disturbing-the-air” kind of way
Read these recent correspondence from new volunteers as they are good examples of how to go out very broadly and recognizing the potential to draw people in on the spot.
Even two people going to an ICE facility, for example (many examples could be given), and challenging employees there as to whether and why they are going along with this regime’s fascist assault on immigrants – filmed and popularized on social media – could have a very powerful impact and unleash more of the same across the country. Every day people should be finding the ways to go out to crowds and gatherings of people – at festivals and markets, public transit, religious congregations, and other places.
Take pictures and video to spread your efforts and build momentum on social media.
(7) DONATE & ask others for donation: One of the most meaningful ways that people can strengthen this movement is to DONATE funds for materials, protests on the 15th, the National Office, and many other needs. We have a new crowd-funding campaign on GoFundMe.com for Refuse Fascism, with a goal of $150,000 https://www.gofundme.com/trumppenceregimemustgo
On July 15th:
REMINDER: You will be joining with others across the country to protests and demand that “THE TRUMP/PENCE REGIME MUST GO! In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!”
Suggestion on what to do on that the 15th:
- Hour of NO! (see below)
- And much more…send us your plans!
In any and all of the above if you need any assistance do not hesitate to call 917-407-1286 and/or email email@example.com
Want to be able to project this on a wall in your hometown?
Learn here: how to do a digital projection to send the message
far and wide that theTrump/Pence MUST GO!
“Disturb the Air.” Don’t Normalize … Don’t Accommodate … Don’t Conciliate … Don’t Collaborate … And challenge other people not to either!
Anyone can do this Real Life Handmaids Tale action:
(stay tuned for more)
ON JULY 15tH
Day OF NO
A DAY FOR HUMANITY
A DAY FOR THE PLANET
A DAY TO SAY
NO TRUMP NO PENCE
NO FASCIST USA
A DAY OF NO, SO THAT WE CAN SAY YES TO THE FUTURE WE WANT
THE TRUMP/PENCE REGIME MUST GO! In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!
Drape your banners in unexpected places. Put signs on your lawn. Write your message with sidewalk chalk. Decorate your clothes with buttons and stickers. Paint a mural. Form a caravan of cars. Wear your NO! T-shirt and to go to brunch. Take a picture of your creative action, tag @refusefascism on Instagram or Twitter, and post with the hashtag #J15TrumpPenceMustGo, #NoFascistUSA, and other hashtags with the attacks coming down on the people from the highest levels of government.
However you want to display your NO for this day, do it boldly, do it colorfully, do it creatively, do it with friends, do it in a way you haven’t done it before. We are forging a path to the time when millions of people are called to the streets, refusing to leave until this fascist regime is driven from power. A DAY of NO. Not just for ourselves alone, but in the name of humanity.