1. Stay on message with our key slogans:
This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!
This speaks to people’s outrage and horror at the totality of the danger of the Trump/Pence Regime and the need to get them out of power.
In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!
There are people all over the world whose lives are in danger from the Trump/Pence fascist regime who are counting on us. We are acting in the name of the humanity, not just for ourselves.
These slogans need to be known and taken up by more and more people from a diversity of perspectives—some who think this is already fascist and others who aren’t sure but want the nightmare to end now.
The Call to Action of Refuse Fascism provides analysis, direction and vision for how we must act. These should be constantly returned to for guidance and spread throughout society.
2. Keep our eyes on the prize. Don’t allow ourselves or others to be whipped around and taken off course by the various political winds that blow. Every new outrage of the Trump/Pence Regime and every new outpouring of resistance only makes it more important for us to continue to promote, work towards, and organize others with the concrete goal of driving the regime from power. With that in mind and from that perspective we should dive into and speak to developments in the world while always staying on message.
3. Unite All Who Can Be United – Defeat “Divide and Conquer”
Don’t allow the ruling forces, or any other forces, to divide us or pit us against each other. Don’t fall for “divide and conquer” schemes and divisive actions, reject and rise above petty disputes and sectarian squabbles – reach out BROADLY to UNITE ALL WHO CAN BE UNITED, from different perspectives and viewpoints, around the great unifying objective of driving out, through massive, sustained political mobilization, this regime which has already done such great harm and which poses a grave threat to humanity. This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!
4. Apply “Radical Simplicity”
Make plans that use the simplest means to have the greatest impact that will allow for the involvement of the greatest number of people—including people very new to this struggle. Don’t let plans get more overly complicated in a way that ties up too much time and requires unnecessary specialization that very few people can take part in.
5. Use Every Task as a Way to Involve People
Think through what elements of the plan need to be outlined or performed by more experienced Refuse Fascism leaders, and which elements can be taken up by very broad numbers of people and use every task as a means to involve more people (from making signs to phone-banking contacts to spreading memes to reaching out to organizations and much, much more). Give people things they can do at an entry level that will allow for many people to take up the work and bring forward others to strengthen our organized forces as they learn more and develop their ability to contribute as we go forward together.