Each postable page of this pamphlet documents the horrific things that the regime has done, what it has said it will do, and/or what it has unleashed around one of the following seven issues: Muslims, Civil liberties, The people of the world, Women and LGBTQ people, White supremacy, police brutality, and mass incarceration,The environment page, Immigrants.
These Indictments serve three major functions.
1. Educate. The crimes documented in these Indictments paint an irrefutable picture of the scope, scale, and magnitude of the nightmare being rapidly imposed by the Trump/Pence Fascist Regime. This reality is being hidden from people. The Call for Nov. 4 states: this is “a regime step by step discarding basic democratic rights, targeting group after group, and suppressing dissent and resistance … This is fascism—a qualitative change in how society is governed. History has shown that fascism must be stopped before it becomes too late.” The more people understand what is really being done, the more they will see why it is on us to get organized to drive them out, starting Nov. 4.
Spread these everywhere—to students and teachers, to friends, family and co-workers, to places of worship and professional organizations, on social media and beyond.
2. Protest. These Indictments should be used to disrupt the normalization of fascism everywhere it is happening. Members and supporters of the Trump/Pence Regime can be confronted with these Indictments at public events. The media that are normalizing fascism by refusing to cover the full scope of what the regime is doing can be challenged using these Indictments. Find ways to use these Indictments that are hard to ignore, that generate positive controversy and media coverage, and that compel new people to wake up and get involved.
- The Indictments can be held up and cited in this booklet form. Or, go to refusefascism.org/materials-for-reproducing/ for PDFs and instructions for printing these in many different sizes (including large 3- by 5-foot posters) that are highly visible and dramatic.
- Verbally announce Nov. 4 as part of your action, wear it on your shirt, include it in any press release, etc.
3. Organize. Driving out a fascist regime will require a lot of organization; people act with greater courage, conviction, and impact when they act together in a group. Digging into these Indictments and acting together to spread them is a great way for new groupings of people and existing organizations to get organized for Nov. 4.
- Bring these Indictments and the Call for Nov. 4 to your religious community, to student groups and professors, to your professional network, to your book club and/or any other group you are part of. Discuss and debate their content. Then discuss how you can take part together in the Nov.4 movement. This should include endorsing Nov. 4, committing to attend, and reaching out to broader networks to do the same. It can also include setting up installations with enlargements of the Indictments at your next gathering or in public spaces.
- Not part of a group? Gather friends, classmates, co-workers, and family members and/or post an invite online and on bulletin boards to discuss and make plans around these Indictments and Nov. 4.
- Take this pamphlet to rallies, distribute in your neighborhood. Post pages on bulletin boards, set up a table at cultural, political, and civic events.
If you have questions, want to get connected with others in your area, want to bring a Refuse Fascism speaker to address your group, or anything else, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Call us at: 917-407-1286
Write to us: [email protected]
Write to RefuseFascism and let us know what you think, questions that you or others have, questions you would like to see addressed on RefuseFascism’s website and social media. Please share with us any photos or video of how you utilized these Indictments and the Nov. 4 Call.
This pamphlet is a powerful tool to understand the scale, the scope, and the fascist essence of the Trump/Pence Regime—the horrific peril it presents to all of humanity and the Earth itself. What is more, this pamphlet has the way out of this nightmare: a plan for people all over the country to act together, beginning Nov. 4, to drive this whole fascist regime from power.
In the centerfold of this pamphlet is a large poster of the Call to Act Beginning on Nov. 4. This is the key mission statement to inspire and guide the extraordinary movement of ultimately millions of people from every section of society, with diverse beliefs and views, who join together to drive the Trump/Pence Regime from power.
On these pages, you can find ideas on how you can be part of spreading the word and organizing for Nov. 4, and you can join the movement online or through the mail.
Featured in this pamphlet are seven “poster” Indictments of the fascist measures that the Trump/Pence Regime has already put in place, what they are planning to do, and what they have unleashed.
Who Is Refuse Fascism?
RefuseFascism.org is a movement of people coming from diverse perspectives, united in our recognition that the Trump/Pence Regime poses a catastrophic danger to humanity and the planet and that it is our responsibility to drive them from power. This means working and organizing with all our creativity and determination toward November 4 when many thousands of people will fill the streets of cities and towns, beginning a struggle that continues day after day and night after night, eventually involving millions of people, demanding: This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!
We extend a welcome invitation to individuals and organizations from many different points of view who share our determination to refuse to accept a fascist America to join and/or partner with us in this great cause.
GET INVOLVED: Here’s how you can help make this happen:
a) Spread the slogans and the date far and wide:
NOV. 4, IT BEGINS
This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!
In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!
Spread this using posters, stickers, flyers, chalking, light projections, banner drops, radio call-ins, social media, church bulletins, announcements at events, and much, much more.
b) Distribute and publish the Call for Nov. 4 to students, religious congregations, professional organizations, and everywhere people gather. Help get out hundreds of thousands of copies of the Call for Nov. 4.
c) Donate and raise funds. Donating and raising funds is one of the most impactful ways to strengthen the Nov. 4 movement. From shaking the can out on the street to calling individuals for major donations to house parties and yard sales and other activities, every donation raised strengthens this movement and expands the community of involvement. (See the next page for how to donate.)
d) Use the Indictments of the Crimes of the Trump/Pence Regime in the pages of this pamphlet to educate, organize, and stage political protests that provoke people broadly to understand the emergency we face and the extraordinary struggle to redress it. Every protest should build for Nov. 4.
e) Reach out to organizations, communities, and networks and ask them to endorse and build for Nov. 4.
*** * ***
Find pdfs for posters and flyers at: refusefascism.org/materials-for-reproducing. To order stickers, T-shirts, and posters, go to: http://refusefascism.bigcartel.com.
If you need help with any of the above, do not hesitate to contact our National Office. Call: 917-407-1286. Write: [email protected]