GIVING SEASON FUNDRAISING FOR #OUTNOW MOVEMENT
What is urgently needed is to be able to project the analysis and mission, and the #OutNow December Disruptions to millions throughout society. This requires advertising, materials (fliers, posters, signs, stickers, t-shirts, hats) and a greatly heightened organizing infrastructure (including stipends for full-time volunteers).
Donating to Refuse Fascism: One of the most critical and meaningful ways for people to refuse to accept a fascist America and the catastrophic horror this would mean for all of humanity.
When you ask someone to donate, you are giving them a meaningful way to help stop a fascist America. By giving, a person concretely strengthens the #OutNow movement & the ability to mobilize the one force that can drive out the Trump/Pence Regime: millions of people in sustained nonviolent protests.
By giving, a person makes a commitment about what kind of person they want to be and what kind of world they want to live in – and joins a community fighting for the same.
SAVE THE DATE & START PLANNING :
- NATIONAL OFFICE MAILING TO PREVIOUS DONORS HAPPENING BY END OF NOVEMBER
- GIVING TUESDAY DECEMBER 3
- PHONE-BANKING WEEKENDS DEC. 15 & 29-31
- BENEFITS TO BUILD COMMUNITY & RAISE $: WHEN WILL YOUR CHAPTER HOLD ONE?
Fundraising Elements For Chapters:
Fundraising on the street:
Be sure to ask for donations for stickers — How much do you think getting Trump/Pence #OutNow is worth? Don’t be afraid to ask for $10, $20…wait and see what they say.
- Whether doing an action or outreach have big decorated buckets & signage that asks for contributions including via Venmo (@Refuse-Fascism)
- Get creative! Take a whack at fascism for a donation, do #OutNow Caroling with remixed lyrics that indict this regime (maybe in Handmaids costumes) & give hope of a movement to drive them out.
- Be sure to share fundraising related resources, social media posts from national & new crowdfunding campaign once launched to local social media platforms.
- Get ready for Giving Tuesday (December 3)! Have local donors with moving reasons for why they donated to #OutNow movement? Post from your social media platforms or send to us 1-2 minute #MyGivingStory videos. If they don’t want to do video, see if they can give a written statement (with a photo of them with sign preferred).
- Holiday/New Year’s Parties! What talents, connections, & passions can your chapter maximize?
- Who has come forward in past 5 weeks that you could ask to: do a bake sale, do a house party, sell candy canes on campus, donate a percentage of service they provide to Refuse Fascism (e.g. barbers, massage therapist)
NETWORKS OF GIVING TO #OUTNOW: MATCHING DONATION CHALLENGE
Our goal is to have $25,000 in matching donations during this 6-week drive. Individuals, families & friend groups giving matches of $500+. Share the challenge posed in the letter from an extended family that gave $3,500 to create similar funds. Share with us: who comes up with ideas of people to ask, a brief description of who they are asking, and an update on how it went ASAP.
BECOME A FUNDRAISER FOR The #OutNow Movement
SPREAD THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN
SHAKE THE CAN
Go out with materials and a donation bucket and ask for donations so that the millions who need to be part of refusing a fascist USA know about this movement. You can be get creative with chalk, projections, or theater. Set up a table near a Farmer’s Market, shopping district or special event with attractive signage that calls on people to donate.
PICK UP THE PHONE
Get folks together and raise funds for #OutNow. You could hold a: yard sale, Yogathon, film screening, pumpkin spice potluck, house party, car wash, beverage stand, bake sale, karaoke night, art show, picnic, or used book sale. Whatever you choose have Refuse Fascism materials available and share photos and video to @refusefascism.
IT’S EASIER TO ASK WHEN YOU HAVE MADE THE COMMITMENT YOURSELF: DONATE.REFUSEFASCISM.ORG VENMO: @REFUSE-FASCISM