To deeply understand the threat to humanity posed by the Trump/Pence Regime… Watch this film of a talk by Bob Avakian
A new talk by Bob Avakian: THE TRUMP/PENCE REGIME MUST GO! In The Name of Humanity, We REFUSE To Accept a Fascist America: A Better World IS Possible!
Do You Want to Really Understand What We Face with This Trump/Pence Regime?
- How serious a threat does the Trump/Pence regime pose to humanity? Could fascism really happen here?
- What is the character of the regime-is it fascist, and if it is, what are the implications?
- What are the roots of this regime? Is it a terrible aberration, “more of the same”… or something different still?
- What must be done to stop it? How?
- Is a better world possible?
These questions, whether spoken or implicit, lie at the bottom of nearly every political debate and discussion today. Bob Avakian, in his filmed talk on the Trump/Pence regime, addresses those questions from a lofty level, with a penetrating scientific approach, and with a depth of compassion and breadth of humanity that is unique. Watch the film, discuss it, tell us what you think… and share it.
Questions and Answers
The following Q&A with Bob Avakian, took place right after the new talk by Bob Avakian. It was moderated by Andy Zee, spokesperson for Revolution Books, NYC and co-initiator of RefuseFascism.org
Q&A: Part 1
- 0:00: What do you say to the late night comedians, the Stephen Colberts etc, who do some powerful exposure and ridicule but also run the risk of becoming like court jesters and, in this case, contributing to the normalization of fascism?
- 11:10: If successful in driving out, or forcing Trump to resign, who will step in to take the reins? What happens next? And are these replacements prepared to lead this entire diverse country and its military?
- 27:13: How is it possible to maintain a movement of that scale for a long period of time?
Q&A: Part 2
- 00:00: We have this multi-national corporate news media that’s fractured into a thousand pieces and even so, Refuse Fascism can barely get on air. What sort of strategies do you think we can come up with to get through this?
- 11:30: Minorities have been in not a very favorable situation in this country to fight against everything that is going against them… because they’re not in the land where they originally come from. How can we protect those who need to be on the streets fighting with us, how can we protect the ones that are being targeted directly? How can we get them to be on the streets?
- 23:03: Could you speak to the role of students, including that there have been vicious attacks on critical thinking at known liberal or historically radical places, ie Berkeley, and how should we approach bringing students forward to the call of Refuse Fascism as well as unleashing them in that process?
- 00:00: Unfortunately, as a Democrat it has long been determined that you vote for the lesser of two evils, right? Either the Dems or the Republicans. But it has gotten to the point where both of them are just as worse – one is cancer and one is HIV. So you don’t want to vote for either one of them… I know the system sucks, but what are you supposed to do in the interim?
- >My other question is as a revolutionary Christian, I acknowledge that Christian fundamentalists have been around spewing their venom for many hundreds of years… I believe that we do need this revolution. I embrace it. But what I need to hear is how can you have other people of any religion so that they would want to embrace it also and not feel alienated because they are “Christians.”
- 25:33: On fighting fascism and making revolution. Can you talk about the difference and similarity between the situation we face in driving out the Trump/Pence Regime and a situation open to and makes possible for revolution. Can one lead to the other? What should revolutionaries do in the face of this?
- 00:00: What do you think November 4 should look like and how do you envision the days following? Also, how we can overcome our own obstacles in reaching out broadly including to people that don’t agree with the need for a revolution?
- 14:46: I’ve been out, trying to tell millions of people that we need to drive out this regime before it becomes too late… and I know millions feel the way we do, but if they don’t act, does that matter? We say we still have time but how do we know that we still have time before fascism fully consolidates? How do we know much time we have left?
- 33:17: Do you think that we need to struggle for the liberation of all sentient animals that are being enslaved, raped, tortured and murdered by the billions each year as part of the animal agriculture, animal testing, leather, fur, and down-based clothes under this system? Do you think that liberation is possible under this system or does that require a concurrent struggle for animal liberation along with a broader revolution to get out of the system?