January 16th Protests
We Began January 14th! We’re Continuing night after night, in D.C., and cities across the country. Come to D.C., or make it happen where you live.
Get connected! Call 917-407-1286; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday January 16, 4 pm, McPherson Square, I St & 15th NW (map): The Battle is ON: Join the Struggle so that 100’s become 1000’s. March on Trump International Hotel in DC Sunday Night Stop The lllegitimate Fascist Trump-Pence Regime Before It Starts
Then, Tuesday, Jan 17, 2017, BRING DC TO A HALT 4PM McPherson Square, I St & 15th NW (map)
To link up with DC Refuse Fascism meet Jan 16th for the MLK Day events at 9 a.m. or 11 a.m., at the Anacostia metro station. (map)
New York City
12pm-3pm – The Bronx 149th and 3rd Ave, The Hub (map)
4pm – Manhattan, Columbus Circle, 59th St. and 8th Ave (map), march to Trump Tower
12 pm – 3pm, MLK day Parade, Daley Plaza, Chicago (map)
Take to the Streets, March to the Halls of Power, every day and every night until January 20th. 4 pm, San Francisco Civic Center. Every day we will do something new, every day we will gather strength. We need to spread the word: Civic Center is the place to come if you want to be part of stopping Trump. (map)
Monday, January 16th – Martin Luther King, Jr. 30th Anniversary March, 10 a.m. – join a crew from Refuse Fascism at one of the largest MLK marches in the country. Meet at 3501 MLK Drive, march to Pittman-Sullivan Park, 1101 Iowa. The annual march begins at the MLK, Jr. Academy located at 3501 MLK Drive and end at Pittman-Sullivan Park, 1101 Iowa. In 2016, approximately 300,000 people participated in the march, and it is one of the largest in the country.
- MLK Action Camp, Jan 14-16, 9AM American University, 10 a.m. – 7 p. m.
Climate Convergence to Protest Trump/Pence 8:00 a.m. – January 21 5:00 p.m. Facebook
Stand Against Trump/Pence Mass Protest of Inauguration, January 20, 7: 00 a.m. – 5:00 pm. Facebook. (Map)
Nationwide and Around the World
- Tucson – NO! Fascist USA, Stop Trump, January 20th. 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Facebook.
- Los Angeles: Rally to Save Roe: Because Abortion is Your Choice, Not Theirs!, January 19, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. 543 N. Fairfax. Los Angeles (map)
- Sacramento: Refuse Fascism protest everyday beginning 1/14/17 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Join Refuse Fascism holding a protest everyday from 4-5pm at the northwest corner of Capitol Park. Say NO! Stop the Trump/Pence Regime before they start ! Facebook.
- San Diego: Protest Inauguration Day and Fight Trump, January 20. Three Protests in San Diego. More information here
- Ventura: The Resistance – #NoFascistUSA, January 20, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Say NO! to fascism before it starts! Ventura County Government Center on Victoria Ave. at the corner of Telephone Rd (map) Facebook.
- Ft. Lauderdale: Rise UP Florida! Rally Against the Inauguration of Donald Trump, January 20, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Huyzenga/Bubier park (map)
- Honolulu: Sign and Banner Making for MLK and J20, Jan 14; 2 – 5 pm; MLK Day Parade, Jan. 16, 8:30 a.m. -12 p.m.
- 2 Car Caravans to “Bring DC to a Halt!” 1/14/17 and 1/17/17 We are organizing 2 Car Caravans to Washington, DC: First One Leaves Chicago 6:00 am Saturday, January 14, arriving late Saturday night. Second one leaves 6:00 am Tuesday, January 17, arriving late Tuesday. Travel time is approximately 16 hours. Both leave from Trinity Episcopal Church parking lot, 125 E. 26th (at Michigan. Map.) Email Travel@RefuseFascism-Chicago.org ASAP if you can go or are thinking of going. Chicago – Jan 12, Thursday, 7 pm, Trinity Episcopal Church , 125 E 26th St, Chicago, IL (google map)
- Chicago: March for Abortion Rights – Counter Protest to March for Life IL January 15 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. 219 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603, United States, 219 Dearborn St. Google Map Facebook.
- Chicago: MLK Day Rally and March: No Trump! No KKK! No Fascist USA! 1/16/17 January 16 @ 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Facebook.
- Portland: NO! Trump/Pence January 19, Monument Square, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. We are holding signs, silent, in mourning. We are chanting or marching, active, in frustration. We are performing, singing, expressing our anger through art, music and our voice. This is a peaceful, NON-VIOLENT call to action.
- Cambridge: Social Emergency Forum – In the Name of Humanity, Refuse to Accept a Fascist America, January 19, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m., MIT Media Lab, E. 14, 6th Floor, Cambridge, MA (map) PDF for forum
- Minneapolis: Resist A Fascist America – Resist Cultural Genocide, No DAPL. January 20, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm. March and leave from Franklin & Nicollet (map). Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1400640343300681/.
- New York City Bay Ridge (Brooklyn) March Against Hate, NO to the Trump/Pence Agenda, January 16, 1:00 – 4:00 PM March starts at Islamic Society of Bay Ridge, 6807 5th Ave (map)
New York City: The Musicians Against Fascism Concert January 19, 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm. “Facing a catastrophic regime change, on January 19th outstanding jazz musicians will gather together at The Symphony Space in NYC for a rare concert to say: “NO! In the name of humanity, we stand against a fascist America.” An extraordinary evening of artistic passion, urgent commitment, hosted by five time Grammy winner Arturo O’Farrill, this live streamed concert takes place the night before the scheduled inauguration –with protests growing in Washington DC and around the country. “Musicians Against Fascism” is a benefit concert for #RefuseFascism.org.” Symphony Space. 2537 Broadway. New York City (map)
- New York City: January 20, Student Walkout and Rally – Anti Inauguration Day Protest. 5:00 pm – 11:55 pm. Foley Square
111 Worth Street Facebook
- Portland: No Fascist Inauguration, Rise Up Jan 20, 3:30 am – 9:00 pm. Join us on Inauguration Day as we peacefully take to the streets to protest Trump and the fascist take-over of our country! Facebook. 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland. (map)
- Austin: Friday, January 20th, 12:15 pm. Student Walkout at University of Texas. Students at the University of Texas at Austin will walkout in a demonstration of solidarity with communities that will be threatened by the policies of the incoming presidential administration. More information on the Facebook event page.
- Austin: Friday, January 20th, 5pm – 10pm One Resistance Rally & Protest on Trump’s Inauguration Auditorium Shores, 900 W. Riverside Dr. Austin, TX 78704 (map) (website)
- Austin: Saturday, January 21st, Noon – 2pm or 3pm, March in solidarity with the Women’s March on Washington. Texas State Capitol, 1100 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701. (map)
- Houston: Not My President! Resist Trump! January 20, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Assemble Hermann Square, 900 Smith St. (map) Facebook.
San Antonio – Monday, January 16th – Martin Luther King, Jr. 30th Anniversary March – join a crew from Refuse Fascism at one of the largest MLK marches in the country. Meet at 3501 MLK Drive, march to Pittman-Sullivan Park, 1101 Iowa. The annual march begins at the MLK, Jr. Academy located at 3501 MLK Drive and end at Pittman-Sullivan Park, 1101 Iowa. In 2016, approximately 300,000 people participated in the march, and it is one of the largest in the country.
- Writers Resist: Write Our Democracy, January 15, flagship event in New York City, 90 events across the country. “Our democracy is at risk. Growing public cynicism and an alarming disdain for truthfulness is eroding our most dearly held democratic ideals. As writers we have tremendous power to bypass empty political discourse and focus public attention on the ideals of a free, just, and compassionate society.” (Website)
National Degenerate Art Against Fascism Uprising, All Cities: January 8 @ 12:00 am – January 22 @ 12:00 am. Use art & music in the struggle to prevent Fascism from consolidating power in the U.S.se art & music in the struggle to prevent Fascism from consolidating power in the U.S. Plan concerts, gallery exhibits, poetry slams, workshops, art lessons, dance performance, murals, etc etc etc!
– More Info
Earth2Trump Roadshow of Resistance, From the West Coast to D.C., January 2 – 21. The roadshow is rallying and empowering defenders of civil rights and the environment to resist Trump’s dangerous agenda. Stopping in 16 cities on its way to Washington, D.C., it will bring thousands of people to protest at the presidential inauguration.
A National CALL: Poets Protest Against Trump “Do Not Go Gentle” January 15 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm New York City Hall (Map)
Disrupt J20 in DC and other Cities: Bold Mobilization against Trump/Pence say NO January 20 Facebook
National General Strike – January 20 @ 5:00 am – 11:59 pm Facebook
Nationwide Protest of Electoral College by #BankExit Month of Action Jan8-20 January 9 @ 9:00 am – January 20 @ 9:00 am Why: No “pussy-grabbing”. No immigrant-bashing. No Muslim registry. No Wall. No White Supremacy. No Neo-Nazis. No gay-bashing. No climate-change-denying. NO TRUMP. NO PENCE. NO FASCIST USA! Facebook